For Children 6 years old & above
What is Acro Dance?
Acro Dance is a beautiful fusion of the artistic motion of dance and the athleticism of acrobatics. Acro Dance is not the same as gymnastics. An acro dancer has to complete all of the skills on the hard stage without the advantage of sprung floor, while seamlessly integrating musicality, emotional expression, extension, control, lines etc. The sprung floors usually allow gymnasts to complete difficult tumbling, flips or stunts as when compared to Acro Dance. Skills taught in Acro Dance classes may seem similar to a gymnastics class, but such high-level stunts are taught differently in order to compensate for the difference in class conditions.
The Acrobatic Arts Syllabus
At Ritz Dance, we utilize the Acrobatic Arts syllabi in our Acro Dance teaching. It is a progressional based syllabus program for learning Acro Dance. Thoughtful progressions and structured levels properly train dancers' bodies to advance to the next levels once they are ready to take it up a notch. This greatly reduces the potential of injury, and creates more technically correct work, which help acro dancers to progress more quickly in the long run.
- Acro Dance Techniques: A combination of acrobatics stunts and different dance movements from various dance genres such as ballet, jazz, contemporary, added into their routines
- Progressive Acro Dance Trainings according to the Acrobatic Arts Syllabus
- Body Conditioning & Strengthening exercises
- Performance, expression, artistry and stage work
- Fun and cool Acrobatic Stunts such as Cartwheel, Firebird, Grand Jeté, Walkovers, Leg Hold & more!
- Learn acrobatics stunts and tricks in a safe manner that can be performed anywhere
- Learn acro moves that can be added into dance routines
- Nurture a resillient and expressive dancer who doesn't shy away from challenges and enjoys exploring new and unconventional movements
- A self-motivated dancer who is willing to train and practice outside of class time to improve in various aspects of his/her techniques such as flexibility and strength
- Children aged 6 years old and above
- Children who love to tumble, roll, flip and move
- Children who want to learn new stunts and tricks and take their dancing to the next level
- Dancers who want to build a strong foundation in dance - through learning stretching, conditioning and strengthening exercises, while performing dance in with artistry and expression